Sunday, December 5, 2010

Lighting of the Tree Ceremony in Baumholder

Nothing better than starting a chilly evening out than with Starbucks Caramel Apple Cider! Mmm, my favorite. Terry had his regular Caramel Macchiato, and Nathyn decided he likes Hot Chocolate the best. Oh well, their loss I say!

We started outside and watched the lighting of the tree and awaited the arrival of Santa Claus via the fire truck. I have to be completely honest too, the look of amazement and happiness on my son's face with the fat man got off the truck had me in tears. :)

We went inside the community center, picked up a few treats and freebies & Nathyn even got a Wall-E DVD. Then onto the Santa Claus like which literally lasted an hour and a half... HOLY MOLY! Terry stood in line while Nathyn and I wondered, collected candy canes and walked ballet performances of the Nutcracker and other seasonal songs.
Doesn't the little girl dead center look to be having a FANTASTIC time? :D
Nathyn was mesmorized! We spent most of the evening standing at the rope watching them dance.
Then on to Santa! I liked this picture that I took better than the one provided. :)
The snow has gotten a bit thicker since Thanksgiving. Nathyn and Terry love it.. me? Not so much!
Let the Christmas Season begin!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment