Friday, July 24, 2009

OH, SO MUCH TO DO...

I have been without a computer for quite some time now so I haven't been able to blog. :( Sad, I know!

Anyways, we will be moving to Germany this October! I'm not sure the exact date yet, but Terry graduates September 25th, and he has 2 weeks to be on post from there. He did apply for the HRAP program which would give him an extra 2 weeks here in Sacramento recruiting. We're just waiting for him to get approved for that.

In the meantime, I absolutely am being overwhelmed with all the things I have to do to be prepared for take-off! I still haven't been to get my military ID (I was without a car until Sunday, so I'm working on it now), I have to enroll for TriCare, get physicals for our passports, and make sure that my 2 dogs and my cat are ready for travel. Probably doesn't sound like much I'm sure, but when I'm trying to tackle it alone, it's making me crazy. Right now I feel like everytime I go to start a task, I'm unable to complete it because I hit a road block! I have soooo many questions, and honestly, I don't know who to turn to!
  • Do I arrange travel plans for the flight to Germany, or does the ARMY take care of that?
  • If they take care of it, which airline are we flying so that I can know what I need to have ready as far as the pets go (different airlines have different regulations)?
  • What type of vaccinations/certifications do my pets need to have before arriving Germany?
  • If there is a waiting list for base housing, can I apply before we arrive? Or do I wait until we get there?
  • How can I check the pet policy for the installation we're moving to? I heard some bases have a 2 pet limit, some have a 3 pet limit..

Trust me, this is NOT the end of the questions, probably just the half of it. I'm hoping another ARMY or Military wife comes across my blog and can maybe answer a question or two.. Someone that has been through or is going through what I am right now. I NEED HELP!!

No comments:

Post a Comment