Saturday, October 24, 2009

FLYING SOLO... AGAIN!

Terry left to head out to Germany yesterday. He's actually in St. Louis, Missouri right now and will be until Sunday, then he goes to Germany. I was actually surprisingly easy to send him off, partly because I know I'll be okay while he's gone and partly because I know it won't be too long before I see him again!

I contacted the housing division on the base in Germany he's going to and he informed me that the waiting list for Terry's rank and family size is only about 3 weeks, so we should get the word to head on over as soon as Terry goes into the housing office and gets on the list. I'm so thankful it isn't too long, I'm tired of waiting for this move. I'm ready to roll already!

I am kinda freaking out though. While Terry was home we called Travis AFB a few times to get some information on having them move us. We were never able to get and good answers out of them so I decided to just go shopping for answers on my own. Now I'm frustrated because I have to seperate my unaccompanied baggage from my household goods, and make sure that I don't go over my weight limit. Not that big of a deal, except I'm doing it on my own, and I only have 3 weeks to do it. Most of my stuff is in storage, so we'll just be leaving behind what we can't take in the storage and paying it monthly.

Anyways, that's about it for now. I'll know better about when we're leaving when Terry actually gets into the housing office, which probably won't be until Tuesday. Oh, how I hope times flies!

No comments:

Post a Comment