Tuesday, March 9, 2010

ZZOOOOOMM!!

Yay! I finally got a new lens. Well, I got two actually, as well as a couple filters. I'm SO excited. I've been so busy that I haven't had the time to really check them out yet, but now that things have calmed down around here these new babies are going to get my full attention! Now I need a tripod though. This lens in particular is very long and even though I don't shake much, the slightest movement in my hand can cause a serious blur! ugh.

Here's the picture I took out of my window the day after I got here. I zoomed in as far as the lens would go. The arrow is pointing to a clock down in town. You can click the picture to enlarge it to see the clock tower a little better.
This is the picture I took the other day when I opened my new lens from the same window and the clock tower is very noticeable now.. I zoomed in as far as the lens would allow. No cropping or zooming in editing. AMAZA-ZING!
I can't wait to learn more! Next month I will be ordering a "How to" photography book series. It's very reasonably priced and is easily understandable for a beginner such as myself that knows pretty much nothing. I'm very eager to better myself and have LOTS of research to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment