Monday, June 1, 2009

WAKE-UP CALL

That's what I got today! I stayed the night at my Aunt Tina's last night to do a little birthday party over here for my Grandma's God Son. Anywho, I had my phone turned up full blast (I never turn it down anymore, I WILL NOT miss another call from Terry) and the second it starting ringing I shot up! I grabbed the phone and answered it, "Hello?". All I could here was Terry laughing hysterically, "Were you sleeping Babe?" DUH! It was 6:45 in the morning! Anyways, before I started talking about anything stupid and wasting time I asked if he only had a minute to talk but he informed me that he had 5 minutes.. I was SO excited!

I asked a few questions; What have you been doing? Did you get your uniform yet? When does Basic actually start? Are they feeding you okay (haha)? He sounded really happy and really cheerful. He said he was doing fine and seemed impressed with the fact that he hadn't gotten yelled at yet! He gets his uniform tomorrow (Monday) and that Basic would officially start on Tuesday. He was told that his graduation should be 07 August 2009, but not to make any solid plans, it may change. He also told me that he has written two letters already and that they are in the mail, but not to write him back at that address because he'll be moving again. He'll let me know when it's okay to write him back. That was all he got to spew out in a rush before saying, "Ok, I gotta go!" right in the middle of a sentance. I told him I loved him and said goodbye. He said, "I love you too Baby" and was gone... It was literally the best 3 minutes and 24 seconds I've had in the past week.

I think once the letters start coming and I can write him in real life (not just on the blog) that time will start to pass a little faster since I'll have something to look forward to. I'm so proud of my husband and I'm proud of myself for standing beside him in this life changing decision. I know it will all be okay. **I love you Terry**

No comments:

Post a Comment