Saturday, April 10, 2010

GIVE MY COMPLIMENTS TO THE CHEF!

And this time the the chef was... NATHYN! My little man asked me ever so nicely if he could "took" dinner last night and I couldn't say no. I LOVE cooking and I love trying new recipes. Rumor has it I make some pretty decent stuff, too! =] It's starting to seem like Nathyn feels the same!

Nathyn wanted no part of the beef stew I had planned on making, he had ideas all his own! I told him he could make what ever he wanted to. And he did!
  • First he chose chicken nuggets. We found these dolphin and whale shaped ones at the Commissary after Daddy left to the field and decided that without him around, we could enjoy some breaded, processed chicken product! He argued the fact that he was making WAY to many. His response? "Just put it in a bag and I can eat it for breakfast!" I obliged.
  • Next he hit the pantry to "whats next". He pulled out macaroni noodles, a can of onion and green pepper diced tomatoes, and alfredo sauce. From the fridge he chose shredded cheese and insisted I bring out garlic powder and chili powder from the seasoning cabinet.
It was not the tastiest in the world, but he was SO proud of himself I had to eat it. Maybe if we have enough of these cooking lessons he'll be ready to feed an army when he's older!
P.S. Why is my son's hair turning a reddish color? Weird...

No comments:

Post a Comment