Wednesday, February 17, 2010

DO YOU HAVE HARDWOOD FLOORS?


Then I highly suggest you get one of these bad boys! I picked on up at the PX after sweeping our entire house and almost breaking my back (OUCH!). It was only $20, and I was definitely skeptical because it looks and feels super generic. But I LOVE IT! My lab sheds like crazy, my son rips paper up into tiny shreds, and my husband tracks in dirt and grime when he gets home. This thing is amazing! GET ONE!

Anyways, today is house cleaning day. Getting down to the nitty gritty. We're on day 2 of sunshine and I couldn't be happier! I was almost beginning to think the sun didn't shine here! Terry and I finally got our taxes back so I'm hoping he gets home at a reasonable time this evening so that we can check out the Thrift Shop here on base for furniture. We wanted to buy brand new, but we've decided it smarter to save money where ever we can, and hopefully put away for a rainy day.

I called and enrolled in WIC yesterday and have my appointment on the 26th. I had given up on WIC after Nathyn got off formula because we didn't really need it. Now Nathyn is strictly on soy/lactose free milk and that stuff gets seriously expensive so any help in the milk department is greatly appreciated!

Nathyn asks me every day if it's time for him to go to school yet. He said he needs to go to learn how to talk like the taxi guys (speak German) so he can have friends in Germany. I thought it was super cute. He already says thank you & goodbye, and sometimes you're welcome. I was against learning German before I got here, but I'm starting to think it may not be a bad idea. We shall see. I'm gonna head to the education center sometime this week to see what my options are for school as well. I want to utilize my time wisely and perhaps get a degree while I'm here, unemployed. So hopefully they have a program that interests me.

And I'm off to finish the never-ending chore of housecleaning. The sink is actually full of dishes, a first since I've been here. I'm thinking I'm coming down with a cold or something... I'll go ahead and blame that! ;)

2 comments:

  1. I have one of those too :) Works great!

    ReplyDelete
  2.  In order to cherish that moment and to enjoy your pregnancy, it will be good to watch out the best movies when you're pregnant. this post guide to flooring

    ReplyDelete