Monday, February 22, 2010

WEEKEND SUCCESS!

I had such a great weekend! I really wish Terry didn't have to go back to work today, but hey, it's his job! We had tons of fun, got a lot of things done on the house, and had lots of time to PLAY!We started with getting Nathyn a hair cut! He wants his hair to grow out and honestly, Terry and I would like to see what he looks like with longer hair too. But that child's hair was out of control! I asked the barber just to clean up the sides but he ended up cutting quite a bit off the top also. It's okay, at least it will all grow a little more evenly now. Here's before and after...
On Saturday we walked up to the Home Furnishings store and bought a few pieces of furniture for the house (finally!). It won't be delivered until the 4th, so I'll be sure to update then. We got Nathyn a set of bunk beds (full/twin) so we have an extra bed for visitors. We also got him a small bookshelf and a tv stand for his room. For the living room we got a 9'x15' rug and I absolutely CAN NOT wait for it to get here. We also got a desk and chair for our computer "area". And lastly, we got a TV stand for our new TV!I have a feeling Nathyn loves it... What do you think? It's a 42" JVC 1080p LCD. We got it at the PowerZone and got a pretty good deal compared to most of the prices back home in Sacramento. Terry really wanted the 50" but we decided to use the price difference to get a home theater system instead. Totally unnecessary, but totally worth it! haha

Thanks to another wife here I was introduced to Baumholder Bookoo! It's pretty much our version of craigslist here. Anyways, instead of spending WAY more than we wanted to on a set of couches, I found a really nice set on this website for a really good deal. The man selling them was even nice enough to come pick Terry up to help load them from his house and then help Terry carry them up to our apartment (don't forget, we live on the FOURTH floor!). They are SO comfortable, I love them!
**Any one notice Nathyn's face?**

Because we got the TV, we also had to get curtains. There was WAY too much light coming through our window, and actually watching the TV was almost impossible during the day time. Our options were hunter green, blue, or red. We chose the red. I would have preferred a light green color, maybe tan, but this will do.
**The chair on that side wall is where our desk will go when it gets delivered.**

We re-arranged our living room and for right now it's a little on the small time. If you look at the picture below you can see that the "dining area" is directly behind our large couch. The table that we are borrowing is a little large for our little family, so once we get a smaller table (I'm thinking a round 4-seater) then we'll be able to open the living room a bit more. Our previous layout was much more open, but that's an invitation for a race-track for a three year old, and then people think it's okay to play fetch in the house with the dog. Small and intimate works for me!
**The TV & accessories are on our loaner desk until our media shelf is delivered as well.**

Lots of family have asked for pictures of the whole house but I'm trying to get it put together little by little before I go showing it all off. But I had to share this one... I told Nathyn to go clean his room Saturday morning and was quite surprised when I walk in 10 minutes later to see this...
And then Terry started laughing and pointed out this..Oh well, at least he tried! We definitely need to perfect the whole "cleaning" thing.

Terry and I closed the weekend with an awesome session of cuddle time after Nathyn went to bed (without fuss thanks to his new fishy night-light) while watching Paranormal Activity.. My opinion? Scariest stuff I've ever seen.. which makes it AWESOME!

1 comment:

  1. Do they have the same cartoons? Do they have special english Cable TV for you guys on base or is it the same as the rest of Germany?

    ReplyDelete