Sunday, February 1, 2009

WE GOT A LITTLE NEWS

What a weekend! And it's not even over yet. I'm exhuasted and I know Monday is going to come and I'm gonna want another day or two off before going back to work. Terry finally got his W2's in the mail on Friday (I know right, thanks Harman for waiting until the last minute). After work on Friday we went up to H&R Block to file, and boy, talk about a disappointment! Over the last three years we've gotten back anywhere between $4800 and $5600 but this year... LESS THAN HALF those amounts!! Apparently when Terry filled out his W4's when he started his job, he entered something wrong because for all of 2008 he only paid $15 in federal taxes! AAHHH!! Thank God for Earned Income Credit or we seriously wouldn't have gotten enough back to put groceries in the house! Oh well, at least I got a good set of tires on the car a few little things for the house we've been needing.

A little good news came out of the whole H&R Block visit though; Terry's Sgt called and sounded awfully chipper! Now, you're going to have to forgive me (I still swear I'm naturally blonde) but because I was attempting to multi-task at that moment, I didn't get exactly what was said. But it was along the lines of this: "Hey Kegan! It's Sgt. N***s, I got good news for ya! I just got a call from Sgt. M****r saying that he heard back from ______ and the consultation came through.... So we should be getting back on track soon!" I asked, "So what's the next step from here? What does this mean for us?" To which he replied, "We should definitely be hearing back from them Monday. They approved his consult.... we should have a date on Monday". SOUNDS GREAT RIGHT? Thank goodness for his cheery attitude or I really would have NO idea what's happening. Terry is very excited! And for those of you that haven't seen him in a while, he's been working on the whole "clean shaven" thing that comes with being in the ARMY. Totally takes some getting used to. Especially when he makes faces like this!! haha

Nathyn was excited to have Auntie Kia spend the day with us! We did a little shopping (seriously... a little!) and then had dinner at Fresh Choice... YUM! I really wanted Nathyn to be able to get something super cool with our taxes this year. I mean, we benifet from it, why shouldn't he? Buuut, we didn't plan on getting so little amount back so instead of splurging and spending lots of money (that we need to pay bills) we stopped at a few yard sales! Nathyn was in hog heaven! For $3.75 he got 4 Disney movies, 3 turtle toys, 2 Scooby Doo stuffed animals, and a monster truck! JACKPOT! Glad I could make him happy :) Hope the rest of the weekend runs smooth! Got some bills to pay and a bed to make! Update you again on Monday provided that we get a phone call!

Nathyn at dinner tonight

No comments:

Post a Comment