Friday, February 27, 2009

THE VERDICT

Terry didn't get back until 6:30 pm and I swear the anticipation was killing me! Turns out they had him go to the hotel to stay the night, got him up at 3:30 in the morning and then had him sit around all day until an appointment at 1pm at Sutter Memorial Hospital! What on earth? Couldn't he have just went himself? Anyways, here's what he told me about the visit with the doctor.

When he first got there he had to run on a treadmill for 10 minutes with a tube down his throat . After that the doctor stuck a bunch of moniters on him and left him for awhile. After all the testing and stuff he came back and explained it something like this.. A normal person's heart valve opens 4-5 mm per heartbeat. Terry's opens about 10-12 mm per heartbeat. The doctor said that the murmur that Terry has is very similar to the type of murmurs that many professional athletes have, and if they have it and are still playing pro football, then Terry should be fine! He did tell him that he should have it rechecked every year to two, but he also felt that Terry was born with this murmur, so he can't imagine it getting any worse. He said to Terry, "If it were up to me, I'd send you to basic training tomorrow". So the doctor that just did his consult faxed all the results to the ARMY this morning, and we just half to wait for the ARMY to approve it. We are definitely hoping that it doesn't take too long!

After Terry got back we went out to dinner at Johnny Carino's (my new favorite!) with the ladies from my class because we were celebrating the completion of the last YEAR we've spent in this class! It was very fun and I got a few cute pictures before my new camera's battery died (I never charged the battery fully, shame on me, I know)! Anyways, here's the pictures.
Our waitress brought Nathyn a chocolate sundae and we didn't even order it! As you know, Nathyn is not allowed to eat things like this and the second she set it down, he dug in. Shame on me for not taking it away, but I was NOT getting in a power struggle in front of my teacher and classmates! At least he enjoyed it.
One of my classmate's daughter.

Also, I've done a little playing with my camera and found out that it does some truly amazing things! Thought I'd share a few photos! It kinda makes me feel like I want to throw up a backdrop and become a professional photographer out of my house! haha Hope you enjoy!
I heart this baby boy!
I used to edit my pictures and turn them black and white, then pull through one color.. It's called "A Touch of Color". My boss taught me how to do it. But now, this camera does it for me! It's AMAZING! I can pull whatever color I want to. Here's a couple different ones!

1 comment:

  1. I swear the anticipation is killing me! Hah,ha,ha,ha. No----- post in a week? Are you all right? Mom
    P.S. I have to go, I'm at work.

    ReplyDelete